We have succeeded in gaining renowned international experts from the respective specialized fields. These represents a selection of our faculty members:
American University of Nigeria
California State University, California
Professor Bazaz received his Ph.D. from University of Oklahoma. After 24-years’ service at Oakland University, Michigan, he moved to California State University in 2011.
He specializes in financial, managerial and international accounting. He has taught elementary, intermediate and advanced accounting courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels both in the US and overseas universities including in Austria, Canada, Malaysia, India, Kosovo, and Iran. Dr. Bazaz‘s research focus is accounting regulations, equity price reaction to incremental disclosure, foreign currency translation, segmental reporting, and event studies.
His research study in the area of assessment of currency exchange rate risk was awarded an educational grant from the National Association of Chartered Accountants in the United States. Dr. Bazaz has consulting engagements with several firms including Chrysler Corporation. His experience with Chrysler was on the areas of activity-based costing, business process costing and corporate investments in other countries
Emerson Automation Solutions, Switzerland
Dr.-Ing. Tom Duda graduated from University of Dortmund in 1993, Department of Mechanical Engineering and got his Doctor degree (2001) also from University of Dortmund in the field of Thermal Spraying, Plasma diagnostics.
- Since 2016 serving as Global Engineering Director for Gate, Glob and Check Valves with Emerson Automation Solutions, Switzerland (Pentair Valves & Controls acquired by Emerson in 2017).
- From 2001 to 2016 with Alstom Power/GE, Switzerland, in various management position, ranging from Hot Gas Turbine Design, Life Time Prediction Methods to Turbine Manufacturing Engineering.
- Since 2010 invited lecturer at the CEC and TU Wien.
TU Wien, Institut für Fertigungstechnik
Numan Durakbasa graduated from TU Wien - cum-laude doctors degree in production engineering and metrology.
He is Head of Interchangeable Manufacturing and Industrial Metrology of the Institute of Production Engineering and Laser Technology, and Precision Metrology Laboratory at TU Wien, Austrian expert in the international technical Committee ISO/TC 213 "Geometrical Product Specifications and Verification", as well as ISO/TC 176 “Quality Management and Quality Assurance". Chairman of the Austrian Standard Committee ON-K 031 “Geometrical Product Specifications and Verification, Technical Product Documentation“; Expert of the Austrian Standard Committees “Quality Management Systems” and “Nano technologies and Nano materials”, Austrian representative in the International Measurement Confederation IMEKO and expert in the TCs (TC 14, TC 7), Founder member of Austrian “Forum Qualitäts-Wissenschaften – FQW”. Long-standing international practical experience as “Quality System Auditor” and in the training and certification of quality professionals. Experience in the development and implementation of management systems, in Accreditation of Inspection bodies, in Accreditation of Certification bodies for Certification of Management Systems.
Dr. Eckerth graduated at the University of Dortmund in 1996 (Department of Mechanical Engineering) and got his Doctor degree in 2001 form TU Wien in the field of flexible automated systems.
He worked at the Fraunhofer Institute for Material flow and Logitics with focus on applied research for the closed loop economy. Since 2008 head of division for project management at agiplan, a consulting and planning company with core business on factory design, process and production optimization, logistics and industrial architecture. Professional in the field of consulting enterprises on their project- and program-management. Predominant commissioned by industrial customers for hands on management of their complex projects.
TU Wien, Forschungsbereich Atomic and Plasma Physics
University for Business and Technology, Prishtina
Study of Mechanical Engineering and Master's Science (MSc.) at the University Prishtina
Study of Computer ÂScience and Ph.D. (Dr.techn.) on Engineering Management at TU Wien
Quality Management - Manager at the TÜV Academy
Leadership and Business Administration at the Institute for Business Promotion - WIFI Vienna.
Teaching Assistant at the University of Prishtina (Mechanical Engineering Faculty). Research Assistant at TU Wien (Department: Intelligent, Manufacturing Systems and Department of Simulation Techniques). Software Âengineer at the AUSTRO-TECH, Technical Consulting and Software Engineering, Vienna. Team leader and member of several industrial projects. Executive Director at the Institute for Enterprise Management and Engineering, Prishtina. Habilitation in Engineering Management at TU Wien.
Attorney at law, Vienna / New York
Dr. jur., University of Vienna 1983
LL.M., University of Chicago 1992, admitted: 1992 Austria, 1993 New York
Partner with Austrian law firm (Vienna); Law practiced in Chicago, Washington and New York; Ass. Professor for Commercial Law, University of Vienna
Teaching and Research Interests
International Business and Finance, Construction Law, Telecommunications Law, Energy Law; Intellectual Property Law; Competition Law; EU-Law
- 1994 Diploma in Architecture, Vienna University of Technology (VUT)
- 1997 Master of Science in Engineering Management, Oakland University, Detroit/US
- 1997 Licensed Civil Engineer Admission
- 2005 Doctoral degree, VUT, dissertation in "Construction Project Management"
- 1989-1994 Freelance Associate in Viennese Architectural Offices
- 1994-1999 Construction Supervisor at Technikplan, Wiener Neustadt
- 1999-2000 International Project Manager for DO&CO-Catering-Centre JFK, New York/US
- 2001-2004 Lecturer for Construction Project Management at the Engineering Management Postgraduate Program (VUT)
- 2001-2009 Founder and Partner of HERZOG_HRABAL ZT OEG, Vienna based Civil-Engineering-Office for Architecture and Project Management
- 2005-2011 Program Director and Professor for Building Theory and Project Management at University for Business and Technology, Pristina/Kosova
- 2009 Founding of HRABAL ARCHITEKTUR
- 2011-now Lecturer at Vienna International Summer University
- 1995-1999 Magnetic Resonance Tomography, Emergency Ward, Pathologial Ward, Department of Nuclear Medicine, Federal Hospital Wiener Neustadt
- 2000 DO&CO Airline-Catering-Center JFK, New York/US
- 2002-2004 Restaurant and Event Hall, Museum of Mordern Art, Vienna
- 2002-2005 QTU Shopping Centre, Tirana/Albania
- 2004 Styriabrid Headquarters, Styria
- 2004 Seal Maker Office and Production Building, Burgenland
- 2005-2007 Residential Building for Immover, Vienna
- 2006-2007 Virusure Laboratories, Tech Gate Vienna
- 2007 Study Airline-Catering-Center, Kiev/Ukraine
- 2009 Phadia Laboratories, Tech Gate Vienna
- 2010 Clean Laboratory Building, Extraterritorial
- 2010-now Barrier-free adaption of over 30 schools, Lower Austria
QuinScape GmbH/TU Dortmund, Fakultät für Informatik
Graduated from Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Department of Social Sciences with focus on Economics and Statistics in 1978.
eceived a magna cum laude Ph.D. degree in 1981 from Ruhr-Universität Bochum with an exploration analysis of multi-dimensional spatial data.
- Research Projects at Ruhr-University Bochum and University of Cologne related to Institutional Change and EDV/IT-Diffusion in Public Institutions; 1979 - 1981
- Head of Department for Information Technology and Development at the administration of the University of Dortmund; 1982 - 1990
- Managing Director at the Department of Computer Science, University of Dortmund: 1990 - 1994 and 1996 - 2011
- Managing Director of the Informatik Centrum Dortmund e. V. (ICD); 1992- 1994
- Managing Director of the Forschungs- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft gGmbH; 1994 - 1996
- Member of the task force for the establishment of the dortmund-project – in Co-operation with McKinsey, City of Dortmund and ThyssenKrupp
- In 2001 Jesse co-founded QuinScape GmbH, an IT services provider with special focus on Data Integration and Big Data, BI & Analytics and Machine Learning. QuinScape has currently almost 140 employees.
- Business Development, Data Governance, IoT and Machine Learning applications
- Projects, Publications and Conference Organizations
- Participation in research projects, most of them on EU scale or in cooperation with companies
- He is author of approx. 60 conference papers and co-editor of 6 books.
- Organizer or co-organizer of numerous international conferences (Fuzzy Days, FIRA World Congresses, CIRAS, Enterprise 2.0 etc.).
TKC 80 Consulting GmbH
Austrian Society for Systems Engineering and Automation
- Graduated from Vienna University of Technology in 1993, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science degree in Engineering Management from Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan, USA in 1996
- PhD degree (1999) also from Vienna University of Technology
Bernd heads the Austrian Society for Systems Engineering and Automation – one of the leading research organisations in electronics and the environment – in Vienna as Managing Director since 1997. Besides that he runs his own small group of companies in Austria and Romania specialising on electronics recycling, recycling precious and rare metals as well as re-use of IT equipment and mobile phones since 1999. In 2007 and 2008 he has been appointed as International Consultant by the International Finance Corporation (part of the Worldbank group) to set up an efficient WEEE solution for Southeast Europe. In 2011 his contract with IFC has been enlarged also to India. Since 2011 Bernd teaches “Resource Efficiency” and “End-of-Life Management” as part-time Lecturer at Vienna University of Technology.
Circular Economy, Resource Efficiency, Recycling, Re-use, Engineering Management
Graduated fromTU Wien in Automatic Control (1966) until 1985, Assistant Prof. at TU Wien. 1971 Cum-laude doctors degree in Control.
1986-1990 Full Professor for “Systems Engineering and Automation” at University of Linz, Austria. From 1990 - 2008 Head of the Institute for "Handling Devices and Robotics",TU Wien; President of the Austrian Society for Systems Engineering and Automation (SAT).
Since March 1985 Vice President and General Secretary of IFAC/Austria and of ÖGART ( Austrian Society for Automation and Robotics) the Austrian IFAC NMO. Chair of the IFAC Technical Committee “Technology, Culture and International Stability”.
1988 - 1995 Scientific Supervisor of the Scientific Academy of Lower Austria.
He received three Doctor honoris causae degrees, is corresponding member of the Saxonian Academy of Sciences and the German Academy of Technical Sciences. , Member of IFAC, IFR, IEEE and received 2006 the “Engelberger Award” from the Industrial American Robotics Society.
Founder and Academic Program Director of the executive, postgraduate MSc Program “Engineering Management” at TU Wien.
Process and Manufacturing Automation (Robotics), Mechatronics, Systems Engineering, Engineering Management, Postgraduate Education.
Graduated in Industrial Science at the TU Wien
Dr. at TU Wien
2000 Lecturer degree in Industrial Engineering at the TU Wien
since 2015: Vice Rector for Academic Affairs (TU Wien)
2008-2015: Dean of Studies (Faculty of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering)
since 2001: Professor for Industrial Engineering at the Institute for Management Science, Division of Industrial and Systems Engineering, TU Wien.
Fields of Teaching and Research:
Production- and Logistics Management with main focus on maintenance
Representative of TU Wien in the T.I.M.E. Advisory board
Representative of TU Wien in the TU Austria working group Techno-Economy
Vice-President of the "Österreichischer Wirtschaftsingenieursverband"
Tom Meniga graduated at TU Wien and received the Master of Science Degree in Engineering Management from the Oakland University, MI (USA).
He is now the CEO of the Dr. Becher Group in Hannover, Germany.
ACP Enterprise GmbH
Education & Experience
Graduated from TU Wien (Mechanical Engineering, Economics). He was the General Manager of the Computer Company ASCAD. Now he has own company "Information Engineering".
Teaching & Research Interests
Information technology, especially Computer Aided Balancing, Modal Analysis, Finite Elements
Oakland University, Michigan, USA
B.S (Hons), 1972
M.S. (Industrial Engineering), 1982 University Oklahoma, OK, USA
Ph.D. (Industrial Engineering), 1990, Clemson University, SC, USA
Industrial experience in an integrated steel plant and in a environment; currently employed as Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Systems Engineering at Oakland University.
Teaching & Research Interests
Production Systems, Statistics for Engineers, Modeling and Optimazation of Manufacturing Systems, Quality Control and System Simulation.
Oakland University, Michigan, USA
University of Utah, Ph.D.
Indian Institute of Management, M.B.A.
Birla Institute of Tech. & Sc., India, B.E.
worked as an equity dealer and equity analyst for a large mutual fund in India.
Financial Distress and Bankruptcy
Professor Singhal has research interests include financial distress, Investments, and Risk Management. He also works in areas at the intersection of Accounting and Finance. Professor Singhal has examined whether Chapter 11 bankruptcy process is costly for firms seeking the bankruptcy protection. The study is published in The Journal of Financial Economics. Dr. Singhal has several other papers published in high quality Accounting and Finance journals. His teaching interests lie in the area of Corporate Finance, Investments, and Risk Management. Professor Singhal has experience working for a Moody’s Analytics, a globally renowned provider of risk management solutions, as an equity dealer and equity analyst for a large mutual fund in India.
Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland
PhD. in Information Systems, National University of Ireland, Cork, 2001
M.A. Science, Dublin University (Trinity College), 1992
CPIM, American Society of Production & Invnetory Management, 1987
BA Mod. Hons. Science, Dublin University (Trinity College) 1984
Teaching and research interests
Dr. Stapleton is a world leader in human factors and digital systems. He was awarded a PhD for his work on organisational factors in advanced, large-scale management systems in 2001 following which he established the INSYTE Research Centre at WIT. He has advised the European Commission and national governments both inside and outside the EU, business development groups and enterprise networks, Enterprise Ireland and other agencies including national and European regulatory authorities in advanced engineering sectors. He is associate editor for international journals and is a full technical board member of the International Federation of Automation and Control (IFAC) comprising several thousand members across fifty countries. He is a member of the European network of Professors in Industrial Engineering Management (EPIEM) and, in this capacity, has run European academies in Management and Leadership. As well as his work at WIT, he holds numerous international academic positions, including international guest professorships and visiting positions, regularly speaking at international conferences. He has received several “Best Professor” awards, including the 2017 award for his work at the Centre for Executive Education at the Technical University of Vienna. He has held a Visiting Scholar position at the Institute of Banking for over 10 years, driving the highly successful “Banking in the Digital Age” and “Digital Financial Services and Data Analytics“ programme.
- Founder of Knewfutures offering Expert Advice, Training and Education Services for over twenty-five years to Irish and International clients in a range of sectors
- Director of Centre for Information Systems (INSYTE), Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT), Ireland
- Over 110 academic publications related to advanced digital systems and their impact
- Visiting Professor, TU Wien, winner of “Best International Professor” award for his work at the Centre for Executive Education
- Visiting Professor at University of Business and Technology (UBT), Balkans, winner of “Best International Professor” award
- Visiting Scholar in Digitally-Enabled Financial Services, Institute of Banking, IFSC, Dublin (2006-present)
- Technical Board Member and Coordinating Committee Chair for Social Effects of Advanced Technologies (CC 9), International Federation of Automation & Control (IFAC), a community of several thousand researchers and practitioners in over 50 countries
- Editor, international journal Artificial Intelligence and Society and other journals
Oakland University, Michigan, USA
PhD Michigan State University
Minor: Internaitonal Business
Currently Assistant Professor of Marketing and International Business
Department of Marketing and Management
Her research interests are broadly defined by strategic and international marketing issues, and fall within the nexus of branding, innovation, and globalization of the firm. Focusing on the conceptual intersection of these areas helps to extend understanding of complex phenomena in an ever more global marketplace. Current projects incorporate aspects of brand related investments, the role of design in driving consumer perceptions, positioning, product and brand portfolio management, and globalization of the firm. Much of her work is conducted in the context of the global automotive industry.
Dr. Townsend’s work has appeared in top tier business journals such as the Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Journal of International Marketing, International Marketing Review, and Thunderbird International Business Review. Her research has received commendations and awards for their contributions from top national and international conferences. She was nominated for the prestigious Haynes Prize for the most promising young scholar in international business by the Academy of International Business, and has served as a track chair in Product and Brand Management at the European Marketing Association’s Annual Conference. Townsend is also affiliated with the esteemed International Motor Vehicle Program at MIT, recently Chairing a highly successful academic-industry conference related to the future of the automotive industry.
Dr. Townsend regularly consults on research projects, acts as a “coach” for executives, and has collaborations with automotive OEM’s, suppliers, and global market research firms. She also has professional experience with Clarion Corporation, a global automotive electronics supplier, and Unisys, a Fortune 50 firm.
Oakland University, Michigan, USA
Ph.D., Operations Management, University of Minnesota, 1985
Operations Management, Statistics, Manufacturing Planning and Control
Manufacturing Planning and Control, Statistical Quality Control, Manufacturing Flexibility and Automation
Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences
studied Informatics with the concentration of System technique and Robotics at the Joannes Kepler University in Linz. He received Dipl.-Ing. as well as Dr. Degree from the same university. He got also MSc Degree in Engineering Management from Oakland Univerity, Rochester, MI, USA.
Project leader in Software development for industries and medical engineering at the Lower Austrian Academy of Science, Managing director of RISC Software GMBH, Board member of ETM AG
He is now the head of the study "Medical Engineering" at the Upper Austrian University of Applied Sciences
He is also author of several books.
Medical Engineering, information technology
Branimir Ilic Law office