What & how you will learn
In our Base Camp around the topics of "Management & Technology", you will deepen your knowledge in the areas of "Finance, Accounting & Economics", "Managing Technologies" and "Strategy & Marketing".
Your key learnings in the area of 'Finance, Accounting & Economics'
You will learn
- to explain the basic aspects of internal and external corporate accounting, to apply them independently in the practical working environment and to use them for business decisions.
- to solve practical financing and valuation problems by applying basic financial principles.
- discuss macroeconomic relationships and current economic policy measures, apply central economic theories and concepts, and analyze the consequences of individual decisions in a market economy context
Your Key Learnings in 'Managing Technologies'
You will learn
- the fundamental aspects of data science and technology management
- to select appropriate methods for data collection, apply suitable estimation procedures, and to analyze the results of a routine sample survey.
- describe basic concepts of probability and statistics and apply them to analyze simple data sets.
- assess the impact of big data on businesses and how the analysis of (big and heterogeneous) data can be used in your working environment
- understand the potential applications of new technologies from a management perspective
- present new technologies and assess what influence they have on yourwork environment and how they can be used in the respective context.
- present the basics of innovation processes on a company level, identify and apply important tools, models and methods of innovation management and develop innovation strategies.
Your Key Learnings in the area of "Marketing & Strategy"
You will learn
- to discuss the core topics of marketing and consumer behavior and to apply them in practice to specific situations
- to create specific marketing analyses and strategic marketing plans
- to explain the complexity of global business processes in a dynamic and competitive environment.
- apply knowledge from various business disciplines, both individually and collectively to solve practical problems.
- learn how to strategically manage internationally operating companies using performance indicators and financial ratios.
Your Key Learnings
You will learn
- to explain the basics of behavior and the role of leadership in organizations.
- differentiate between different leadership styles.
- to analyze the behavior of employees and teams in organizations as well as of organizations.
- to develop starting points for change initiatives.
- to set clear priorities in your decision-making processes in order to influence your employees.
- to describe group processes and to design them.
- to define the development dynamics of organizations on a structural, processual and cultural level and to influence transformation processes through the methods learned.
to classify the relevant financing instruments (incl. types of collateral) in the context of corporate financing, select the optimal form of financing for a company, develop a corresponding financing model and calculate the associated costs from the entrepreneur's point of view.
to analyze the advantageousness of investment projects, interpret the results of dynamic investment calculation and explicitly model the uncertainties of investment projects.
- to quantify market and business risks and analyze the impact of these risks on the company's success.
- to manage market and business risks by using appropriate methods and instruments and determine the consequences for the company's success.
- to manage a project using current methods in a leadership position.
- to prepare a comprehensive business plan (incl. financing plan, plan P&L, plan balance sheet), analyze business plans and interpret and evaluate them using various key figures.
- to recognize the specifics of dynamic systems, make optimal decisions to achieve goals in a dynamic environment, and develop an understanding of the difficulties of managing complex dynamic systems.
You will learn
- to formulate the ethical challenges for companies as well as the basic principles for sustainable corporate management and to apply these in their own working environment.
- to analyze the handling of new technological possibilities with regard to the aspects of ethics and sustainability.
- to apply methods of technology assessment in a basic way.
In your Master's Thesis, you will work independently on a problem in a topic area of your own choice, using scientific methods. In most cases, this is a problem with practical relevance to your own working environment.
Our program is designed for professionals and allows you to balance your job, family and MBA. It allows you to work whilst developing new entrepreneurial skills, knowledge and competencies.
The program runs for 18 months and classes are taught in a block format usually from Thursday-Saturday or Friday-Sunday, usually about every 4 weeks. In total, the program consists of 45 teaching days.
All modules are divided into a preparation phase, the in-class time and a follow-up phase.
The individual preparation phase for a module includes pre-readings, preparation of case studies, preparation of presentations, essays, etc.
The MBA classes use a wide variety of teaching and learning methods. These range from interactive case studies, simulations and calculations to classical presentations, but also include discussions, group dynamic exercises and reflections.
Modules take place in full-day blocks and usually last between 3-5 days.
The individual follow-up phase is intended to consolidate or apply what has been learned in class. Depending on the module, the follow-up phase may include writing assignments, case studies, reflections or exams.