Entrepreneurship for Refugees
The program „Entrepreneurship for refugees“ is designed to help refugees to start their own businesses in Austria. The one week program will envelop both general information on founding companies as well as specific and very practical information on the Austrian legal and bureaucratic framework. Furthermore, it will offer an introduction to funding programs on regional and national level.
We are currently looking for participants who strive to found a new business or have done so during the past year. Chosen participants will be able to attend the course free of charge and will be accompanied by Austrian consultancies and managers during the first weeks of starting their new endeavour.
The course will take place at the TU Wien from September 04 – 08, 2017 followed by a 12 week period of individual coaching by experienced entrepreneurs and consultancies.
The final event will be a Business Plan Wrap Up on November 30, 2017 at austria wirtschaftsservice. Participants are invited to present their business plans to a jury of investors and business angels.
The program will be held in English. We particularly encourage women to apply.
|Final Degree||Certificate granted by TU Wien|
|Dates & Times|
September 4 - 8, 2017
5 days, each 9.00 - 17.00
November 30, 2017
Business Plan Wrap Up
|Language of Instruction||English|
|Application Deadline||June 16, 2017|
|Number of Participants||max. 30|
Preliminary schedule. The schedule will be discussed with participants after day one and adjusted to their needs.
The 5-day intensive workshop will cover to following contents:
- Legal questions about self-employment, employment law & corporate law
- Tax and duties
- Book keeping & controlling
- Business license
- Business plan strategy
- Markets, competition and sales
- Organization, management, personnel
- Austria's offering to get start ups going
- Cross cultural communication
- Individual coaching
Lecturers and Mentors (preliminary)
- Univ.-Prof. Dr.mult. Anton BURGER, Katholische Universität Eichstätt-Ingolstadt
- Hon.-Prof. Dr. Walter BRUGGER, DORDA Rechtsanwälte GmbH
- Dr. Christian HOENIG, Wolf Theiss
- Mag. Michael HOFEGGER, aws - Austria Wirschaftsservice Gesellschaftmbh
- Dr. Heike JANDL, CDInvest Consult GmbH
- Dr. Harald C. KLIEN, CDInvest Consult GmbH
- DI Peter MARHOLD, Helping Hands
- Matthias MONREAL, MSc, interprAID
- Mag. Wolfgang PETER, CDInvest Consult GmbH
- Mag. Georg REISCHAUER, MA MA, Hertie School of Governance
- Em.Univ.-Prof.Dr. Adolf STEPAN, TU Wien
- Mag. Peter STEPANEK, Praxiserfolg
- Mag. Raphaela TONČIĆ-SORINJ, Ashoka Austria
- Tülay TUNCEL MBA, Wirtschaftsagentur Wien
Refugees who strive to found a new business or have done so in the past, regardless their educational background. We particularly encourage women to apply.
This program is free of charge.
If you are interested in applying for “Entrepreneurship for refugees” please give us the opportunity for getting to know you better.
4 Steps for applying:
1. Send your completed application form to office(at)cec.tuwien.ac.at before June 16, 2017
2. Enclose all necessary documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 A4 pages)
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 A4 pages or 1.000 words): What makes me interested in the program? What are my objectives? What can I contribute to the seminar?
- Short description of your expectations of the program (max. 2 A4 pages or 1.000 words): Which competencies are most urgently needed? e.g. General information about founding businesses, Specific information on the Austrian economic framework (taxes, social security, insurances etc., Developing business models/business plans, Information on funding schemes, Networking, Financing, Business specific regulations
- Certificates of previous degrees (if applicable, transcripts, nostrificated documents and diploma in English or German or certified translations)
- One Passport Photo
- Copy of Passport (if applicable) or Copy of Residence Permit (if applicable, e.g. green card, white card etc.)
3. After reviewing all applications, we will organize individual admission interviews for applicants.
4. You will be informed if you are admitted to the program after your successful admission interview.